“Anyone can fish, our Outfitters catch!!”
Why a Fishing Outfitter?
For experienced fishermen/women
With the busy schedules of our modern era, your time is limited. To take advantage of a getaway on the John Day river it’s likely you have to request time off and coordinate busy schedules with family members or friends. You need to get the most out of your trip in the limited amount of time that you have. So even if you’re an experienced fisherman/woman why go through the hassle of trying to learn a new river? We don’t want you to waste valuable time and energy. Our professional fishing guides can share the secrets of the John Day river with you- ensuring the success of your time on the river.
What about beginners
As a beginner the trial and error can be frustrating. In preparation for your fishing adventure, you can read many articles on fishing, pay a lot of money for all the right gear and watch many online videos. But nothing takes the place of having all that instruction live so that you can ask questions. They say the best way to learn something is to do it. But we say it’s even better to do it with someone who actually knows how!!
A professional fishing guide can give you real life experience and answer questions then and there while you’re actually doing it! Can the web do that? Let us teach you how to successfully fish the John Day River. No need to worry yourself with the details, just come, learn, enjoy yourself and catch fish!
1/2 day (4hrs) on the river (up to 3 people) $375 per person
Full day (8hrs) on the river (up to 3 people) $350 1 person or $250/person for a group
Overnight camping on the river (up to 3 people) $625/day 1 person or $495/person per day for a group
Prior to your trip you will need to purchase fishing licenses for all participants. You can do so online here:
Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife site
Fishing Trips Include:
- Breakfast on the go (Full Day and Overnight Only)
- Full lunch on the river (Full Day and Overnight Only)
- Dinner (Overnight Only)
- 8hrs of fishing (Full Day and Overnight Only)
- All fishing gear & tackle
- Specialized training and instructions
- All ages
- All Fishing is catch and release
- Water & non-alcoholic drinks provided
- Life jackets and safety gear
What should I bring? (Suggested)
- Rain gear- depending on time of the year
- Wading sandals/shoes
- Polarized sunglasses- allows you to see into the water better
Reserve your spot today! Download Form
(up to 4 people) $300/person per day or $250/person per day for a group
Reserve your spot today! Download Form
About Our Fishing Outfitters/Guides
Our guides are CPR, First Aid and Marine Board Certified so you can feel confident in their ability, knowledge and experience.
Professional Guide/Outfitter: Webb
Webb is a well seasoned outdoors man. An avid fisherman, he has decades of experience floating the rivers of Oregon and Alaska. He thoroughly enjoys helping others increase their fishing skills. Come learn from a master!
Professional Guide/Outfitter: Randy
Randy is a native of the state of Oregon. He raised his family here and spent several years cattle ranching near Seaside. He loves the John Day River, spending large parts of his day there. All who encounter him feel welcomed and sense his sincere care for their welfare. He often has everyone around him laughing. You’ll enjoy a tour with this exciting guide.
- Your reservation is not complete until you have submitted the online form and made a 50% non-refundable deposit.
- Please contact us after you have submitted the form to pay the deposit fee.
- If you cancel your trip within 72 hrs of the start date your card will be charged the entire amount of the trip.
- After the deposit is paid any changes to the trip (dates, number of people, locations, etc) will incur a $25 fee per change.
- Changes can only be made up to 48 hrs before the trip date.
- All river trips are dependent on the river level and your reservation may or may not be accepted.