KELLIE FRECH’S SERVICE CREEK
on the John Day River
The John Day River offers countless opportunities for recreation. So here at Kellie Frech’s Service Creek we aim to help you to tap into those! John Day River is a river lovers paradise! While everyone else chooses areas that are overcrowded you’ll find that the John Day River has been one of the best kept secrets in Oregon. So let us help you bypass the wait lines, the traffic and all the stress of city congestion. Come enjoy your vacation with us. The recreational activities for you and your family are many!
Nestled deep in ancient canyons of the John Day River, Kellie Frech’s Service Creek is a traveler’s oasis. In addition to the naturalness this paradise offers, we try to make your trip as relaxing or exciting as you would like. There is rest for the weary traveler and a haven for the intrepid explorer. What is especially noteworthy is that here in the heart of the John Day Fossil Basin the borders are wild and scenic. The current population of Service Creek is 4 (a newborn arrived in 8/2017). Our resort is the tiny town of Service Creek.
- a cozy lodge (once a 1920’s boarding house, features 6 rooms each with private bath; access to a community kitchen)
- a river house (private location on the John Day River)
- visitor information center (area maps and knowledgeable staff)
- restaurant (Prime Rib Fridays, home-made pies and so much more!)
- convenience store (snacks, groceries, beverages, camping & fishing supplies, and rafting accessories)
- raft rentals (we have a variety of boat types to choose from)
- Guided scenic & fishing trips (Photographers, novice and experienced fishermen love this)
- river shuttle service (we can shuttle your vehicle from where you enter the river to where you will exit; see our Rafts & Shuttles page)
We’d love for you to come!