Service Creek Stage Stop is now KELLIE FRECH’S SERVICE CREEK
You’ll notice that our website is being updated. We thank you for your patience while we transition the site.
Come on out to our paradise and see why Kellie Frech’s Service Creek is one of the Top 10 Best Kept Secrets for vacation travelers in the Northwest. The recreational activities for you and your family are endless!
- Guided scenic, hunting & fishing trips
Nestled deep in ancient canyons of the John Day River, Kellie Frech’s Service Creek is a travelers’ oasis. With a key to the past we offer rest for the weary traveler and a haven for the intrepid explorer. We are in the heart of the John Day Fossil Basin and borders the wild and scenic John Day River located in central Oregon. Our resort IS the tiny town of Service Creek. We offer:
- a cozy lodge (once a 1920’s boarding house, features 6 rooms each with private bath; access to a community kitchen)
- visitor information center (area maps and knowledgeable staff)
- restaurant (Prime Rib Fridays, home-made pies and so much more!)
- convenience store (snacks, groceries, beverages, camping & fishing supplies, and rafting accessories)
- raft rentals (we have a variety of boat types to choose from)
- guided scenic and fishing trips (Photographers, novice and experienced fishermen love this)
- river shuttle service (we can shuttle your vehicle from where you enter the river to where you will exit; see our Rafts & Shuttles page)
If you’re seeking an adventure- then come see us!
Our lodge is the perfect home base for exploring the following:
- John Day Fossil Beds National Monument on 26 acres with a creek running through the middle of the property
- The Painted Hills in Mitchell
- Hunting in Fossil
- Swimming , fishing & playing in the John Day River
- The Thomas Condon Interpretive Center (Sheep Rock Unit) past Kimberly
The Journey Through Time Scenic Byway meets the National Wild and Scenic John Day River at Service Creek, which coincidentally is centrally located between the three units of the John Day Fossil Beds National Monument making it a natural base for your explorations.